Call for abstracts: Bone and Enamel Tissue Science and Engineering Meeting (BETSE 2017)
May 25, 2017
On behalf of the chair of the Bone and Enamel Tissue Science and Engineering One-Day Meeting (BETSE 2017) we are pleased to announce the official launch of the BETSE website and the ‘Call for Abstracts’.
BETSE 2017 is to be held at the University of Leeds on Wednesday 13 December 2017, and will be the very first meeting of this kind responding to the ever growing popularity of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine research and its importance in the health care sector.
Abstracts for oral and poster presentations are to be submitted by Monday 31 July 2017. Full details of the abstract submission process and the abstract template are available on the BETSE website.
During the meeting there will be a prize presentation for the best two posters.
The meeting will bring together clinicians, practitioners, tissue engineers, laser scientists and engineers to discuss the following key themes
- Regenerative bone, enamel, soft and hard tissue interface reconstruction and surgical technologies
- Materials issues and emerging engineering needs
- Emerging laser technology including those used for additive/subtractive manufacturing
Confirmed Distinguished Speakers include
- Professor Peter Giannoudis, Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Leeds
- Dr Mike Milward, Clinical Lecturer/Honorary Consultant in Periodontology, School of Dentistry, University of Birmingham
- Professor Paulo Jorge Bártolo, Director of the Manchester Biomanufacturing Centre, University of Manchester
- Professor Aldo R. Boccaccini, Head, Institute of Biomaterials, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Professor Hemant Pandit, Professor of Orthopaedics and Honorary Consultant, Chapel Allerton Hospital, University of Leeds
Please take the time to explore the BETSE 2017 website for more details; key dates; abstract submission; registration; and to keep yourself informed of any changes. Registration will open on Monday 10 July 2017.
If you have any questions or enquiries after visiting the site please email the BETSE Secretariat BETSE17@leeds.ac.uk.
- Back to News